May Virtual Meeting: Global Supply, Global Risk
We will be hosting a virtual meeting Thursday, May 21st 2020 from 4pm-5pm where we will be joined by James MacDonnell, Director, Crisis Management and Business Continuity, BDO, who will review the various aspects of risk in managing supply chains such as complexities, global exposures, the depth of disruptions, and emerging risks, including the current risk environment with COVD-19. Differences in insuring recall versus contamination will be explored as will best practices for handling claims and maximizing recoveries.
Please find the meeting RSVP and conference link information in the attached flyer or email ExecutiveVPOregonRIMS@gmail.com
Date: Thursday, May 21st, 2020
Time: 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Zoom Information to Follow
RSVP: email ExecutiveVPOregonRIMS@gmail.com
The meeting is FREE and response is not required, but please RSVP if you plan to attend so that we can estimate attendance.
Spencer Foundation Virtual Run
Each year at the Annual US RIMS Conference, the Spencer Foundation holds a 5K FunRun to raise funds for their programs in support of risk management education, including scholarships, internships, and grants. Although they had to cancel the in-person race this year, they have decided to create a VIRTUAL event, and now supporters, around the world, can participate – without traveling to Denver! They would love for you all to be involved in some form, to bring the industry together in a unique way and show solidarity for our students and our fellow professionals.
The Oregon RIMS Chapter is a longtime financial supporter of Spencer Foundation and the board will be participating in the run as well and we would love for your to join our team!! Please see our team page here: fundraising page
There are many ways you can support. Any and all of the below efforts would be very much appreciated, and would enable Spencer to fulfill its mission even in these challenging times.
- Register to run! Sign up here and run on May 21, being sure to post about your run journey and why you chose to participate to social media with the hashtag #SpencerVirtual5K. You can also create a virtual team and run as a group!
- Help raise money! Visit Spencer's fundraising page and create your own page, allowing family, friends, and colleagues to support you directly.
Virtual Online Risk Event: "Risk Management in the Age of COVID,"
Hosted by Houston RIMS, TrustLayer, InsurtechNY
Tana Rusitanonta, COO of TrustLayer, Inc has offered free admission to a May 13th virtual event being hosted by the Houston Chapter of RIMS entitled: "Risk Management in the Age of COVID" (Registration / information link at: https://modernrisk0513.eventbrite.com/ - all Oregon RIMS Chapter members will receive a complimentary ticket (use coupon code: "oregonrims" on the ticket selection page).
Main Panel Discussions:
- Renewals, Exposures & Claims: Navigating through COVID-19's Risk Management Challenges (Presented by Houston Chapter of RIMS)
- Vendor Risk Management and Supply Chain Compliance in 2020
- COVID Liability: Preparing for Litigation and Indemnity in a Pandemic World
Short TED-style Talks:
- Managing Cyber Risk Working from Home
- Creating a "Safe" Back to Work Program
Reminder: 2020-2021 Oregon RIMS Election Ballot
Attached is the 2020-2021 Oregon RIMS Board Election Ballot. If you haven't already, please take a moment to review, vote and return by June 11th, 2020.